Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Is Over... Time to Bring in the New Year!

Me and my family had a fabulous Christmas! Of course, Santa Claus came and we all got Christmas presents, had a lovely Christmas breakfast, all that good stuff! When I was younger, I would be extremely sad once all the presents were opened, because I'd have to wait another whole year until Christmas came again. But, now, I've learned to be happy and know that this Christmas is one more Christmas I was blessed enough to see!

We all enjoyed our gifts!

Me...

Jace...

Especially Levi!

But my favorite part of Christmas is our Christmas Eve traditions! We ALWAYS bake the 'Happy Birthday Jesus' cake! I decided to be symbolic this year and make red velvet cake (red like Christ's blood, spilled for us). And, before we go to bed, we always read the Christmas story out of Luke, and play a sing a few Christmas carols - piano by my lovely grandmother!


But more than the gifts and the songs, I have learned to be thankful for the life I have been given. On our way home from our grandparents' today, the people in front of us braked super quick for some odd reason. Trying to avoid collision, my dad swerved off the interstate. Luckily, there wasn't a rail or anything, just kind of a ditch. None of us were hurt, but it shook us up pretty bad. I also found out what true, Christ-like love is. My thoughts as we were careening down that rut were, yes, for my own safety, but primarily, "Not Levi, not Jace!" I hand my hand on the seat belt, ready to unbuckle and cover them if it looked like we were going to crash. I've had fifteen years of good, solid life. I want my brothers to have at least that much too. I thank God for sparing our lives, knowing he didn't have to. But, as we enter the new year, we have to realize that every second could be our last. So let's live like it. Tell your mom you love her, give your brother a hug when he comes home from school. Because, truthfully, we don't know for sure if we'll ever see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment