Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Long, 2009. Can't Say We'll Miss You...

2009.

I'm not gonna say it was an easy year for us. For me, the end of eighth grade was almost unbearable to the point of my parents considering pulling me out. Not to mention Levi.

8 surgeries. 40 days total in the hospital.

It was stressful for all of us. Every time Levi would go to the hospital - sometimes planned, sometimes not - each of us would have to step it up, and reprogram our plans. The hardest hospital stay for all of us, I think, was his heart surgery in May-June. He was supposed to be in the hospital for maybe a week, but ended up staying over three and having a pacemaker put in. That was a hard for me because Jace was gone to stay with the grandparents in Florida. I went to my grandparents' in Missouri, but only for about a week because I had to work. It was an awfully lonely time. I would go to work, come home, one parent would be catching up on sleep, and the other would be with Levi at the hospital. I'd go up there every couple of days to see how my little man was doing.

We thought we were done with surgeries, but then Levi pulled his feeding tube out. It should have been a couple of days in the hospital and turned into two and half weeks.

But, we also had some great things happen. I got to conduct a piece I wrote at eighth grade graduation. We grew closer as a family. I started a new school that made learning enjoyable again. We made all sorts of new friends thanks to the new school and our association with Down syndrome. With help from so many people, I raised over $1000 for a little boy with Down syndrome. We started Evan's adoption process.

Good things and bad occurred in 2009, but now it's time to move on.

Goodbye, 2009.

2010, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment