Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This Little Light of Mine

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.

We all know the song, but do we really understand it's meaning?

I think more often than not, we put the snuffer over our candles, unaware that if we leave it there for long, it will go out. We try to cover it up as much as possible, but we don't want to put it out.

You can't do that. If you put the snuffer over the candle, the flame will die. It's a fact of life.

Lots of times, I'll try and hide the fact that I'm passionate about Christ around my friends because I don't want to seem like the stuck-up goody-two-shoes who doesn't have any fun and just goes to church all the time. I try to cover up the candle as much as possible without putting it out, and then "let it shine" when it's most convenient.

But sooner or later, I'm gonna leave the snuffer over the candle for too long, and my flame's gonna go out.

Christ is supposed to be who we are. HE is the light in us. You cannot hide who you are. If you try, it's just going to end in disaster. You cannot be a Christian who doesn't live like it. It doesn't work. Just like that candle.

So let your light shine FOR REAL. Let the world see it in how you speak, how you dress, how you behave, your attitude.

I don't know about you, but this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment