Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's Been A Year...

It's been a year since Barack Obama was elected President of the United States.
I was never for Obama, but I didn't hate him either. He seemed like a good man, a man who would try his best for this country, but I didn't agree with some of his political stands.
He's not the best president we've ever had (that would be Abraham Lincoln, in my opinion), but that doesn't mean we have any right to judge him.
I hear people say all the time, "Geez, I could be a better president than Obama!"
In truth, that's a lie. I doubt I could do any better than he has done as President of the United States. What people forget is that he's just as guy, just like you and me. And I think we judge him too harshly.
I hear jokes about him all the time, not to mention they go after his wife and children. Just because you don't agree with him, that doesn't give you any right to ridicule him as a person. Especially his family. It's not right to drag his wife and daughters into this. And it's not right to rip his honor as a person because he hasn't made the best president.
If I were the president, and I'd made some mistakes like him, I'd feel horrible with myself already without an entire nation telling me how I was jerk and a stupid person. So, the next time you catch yourself thinking about how Obama has done in his presidency, remember that could be you in that position too. Try praying that God will change his heart and direct his actions. Everyone makes mistakes. And they're all the same in the eyes of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment