Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Little Something Beautiful

When I got home from school today, I commented on how beautiful it was outside. The sun was out, the sky was blue, billowing creamy clouds hung in the sky, and there was a cool, refreshing breeze.

My dad suggested I take a walk - which I automatically frowned at.

I don't enjoy exercise very much - unless it's with people I feel comfortable and happy being around. A bike ride with Jace? Any day. A game of basketball with Jace and his friends? It's on. A softball practice with some of my best friends? Can't wait. A walk? Sometimes, but not today. Or so I felt.

However, I was immediately struck with the idea of taking Levi for a walk with me. He loves to go outside and see the trees, grass, birds, and cars. So I put him in his little wagon and buckled him up. I would've put socks on him, but he just would've taken them off and thrown them out the wagon.

Anyone who knows me knows that I prefer to have music always. There is never a time when I don't want to listen to music. However, I was debating whether or not to bring my iPod with me on this particular outing, seeing as I wouldn't be able to communicate with Levi with headphones on.

But I quickly rushed inside and brought out my portable iPod speaker. I put it on the opposite side of Levi and plugged in my iPod. After much deliberation, I decided to play the album "Tell Your Mama" by The Vespers. A great, Christian band, their music is a mix of indie and folk. My logic on this was that: 1) I felt it was very calming. 2) Any joggers passing me would hear God's word through the music I was playing.

Throughout our walk, I couldn't have been happier! It was just BEAUTIFUL outside. I had a breeze ruffling my hair, some peaceful background music, and Levi behind me gasping in excitement at every car that passed by.

It was a little something beautiful to kick off my Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment