Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Full Heart

I can honestly say that this semester has been and still will be one of the most exciting semesters of my life, as of yet.

I leave for Peru in 20 days. In 20 days, I'll be reunited with my Peruvian friends, walking around an orphanage taking photos and videos, and playing with my dear, sweet Carmensita!

My parents leave for Russia in 24 days. In 24 days, we will be closer to bringing Evan home than we've ever been before.

Our court date in Russia is in 29 days. In 29 days, we will know if the judge will let us bring Evan home or not.

In 45 days, Evan will be home. At 5:35 p.m. on April 16, I will be meeting my sister for the first time!

In 93 days, I will be on my way to China, to visit the sweet kids at Maria's Big House of Hope.

While my life seems peachy keen right now, I have to remember to keep my focus on God. I can't get carried away in all the excitement. God planned this out perfectly - He wants me to be excited! But He also wants me to remember who put the good stuff in my life.

We can't stop leaning on God when things are good. He is just as present in times of peace and prosperity as He is in times of hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment