Friday, November 27, 2009

Being Busy


"If the devil can't make you evil, he'll make you busy."

This statement is so true, but it takes some thinking to realize that it doesn't just apply to "the rest of the world," it applies to you and me too.

There have been so many times in my life that I've just been "too busy" for God.

"I can't go to youth group because I'm too busy."
"I didn't get to read my Bible today because I was too busy."
"I meant to have a quiet time this morning, but I was just too busy trying to get out the door for school."
"I meant to say a prayer last night, but I just stayed up so late doing homework. I was way too busy."

I think we even become too busy when we're doing things that are for the glory of God.

I am currently raising money for a little boy in Russia with Down syndrome and lots of days, I don't read my Bible or have a quiet time because I was too busy trying to raise money for Dennis.

The Devil is sneaky. When he saw that I was not going to be made evil, he turned the things I was doing for God into just "being busy," and forgetting who I was doing it for.

This trap is easy to fall into. So the next time you want to skip church, or youth group, or reading your Bible, or your quiet time, remember why you're alive. Remember who gave you life. Who gave you everything you have now. You have NOTHING without God.

It's time we remembered that, and we stopped being so busy all the time. I challenge each of you (including myself) to take ten minutes out of your day to read your Bible and have a quiet time with God.

He's the Creator of the Universe and the one who gave us everything we have. I think He deserves at least that.

No comments:

Post a Comment