Monday, July 13, 2009

Unsuspected Murder


There are approximately 1.37 million abortions each year in the United States.
That means about 3,700 abortions every day.

People, I've heard so many reasons why abortion should be allowed and I've heard a lot of reasons to why it should be allowed. But, in my mind, nothing can account for the taking of a life.
Listen to this story and you tell me if this is right:

A young pregnant woman is on her way to an abortion clinic to have her baby aborted. On the way there, a drunk driver crashes into her. Although the woman is not harmed, the baby does not survive. The drunk driver is charged with murder. Even though she was going to have the baby killed anyway.

Is that right in any way? One man gets sent to prison for something another man would get paid for.

I've heard a lot of arguments as to why abortion should be allowed. Especially in the area of teen pregnancies. They say that a teenager should not have to be responsible for caring for child. My response to that is that the teenager should have thought about that before she got pregnant. But, I agree - a teenage girl is not the right person to be caring for a baby. Some will argue that it's not the mother's fault (I'm assuming they're talking about rape and such). And I agree, the mother should not have to care for a child that she didn't even want to take the risks to have. But you all are forgetting that there's another way. There's an alternative to killing the baby. It's called adoption.
Did you know that if just 10% of U.S. families adopted one child, there would be no need for the foster care system? Instead of killing the baby, send to a home and a family that will care for it, and love it as their own. Abortion is not the only option.

1 comment: